Thursday, April 30, 2009

Creative spark and process


I've been thinking on this a for a while now. I keep seeing the question "What inspires you?" Yesterday it happened to be a huge sparkly citrine. Generally I go digging through my supplies until I see something that makes the lightbulb go on! There's no rhyme or reason to it, just a "Oh! I know what you're going to be!"

I try to sketch out the idea, sometimes that works, sometimes not. Yesterday it worked.:)





Generally what's the most time consuming for me is the framework. Whether its the wire frame base, or patterning out a doll body. I always want to get through this part quick so I can get to the fun part of decorating. It has been a tough lesson to slow myself down on this part of the process so I am not wasting materials because I rushed things.

(tip: cheap clamps from the hardware store make a great set of extra hands!)


I must admit though, even with the most careful work, I still had 2 spots I took apart and redid. Once it was halfway done, I decided to switch out some stones, as the stones I originally put on the piece just didn't quite fit. All part of the process I guess.

All in all at the end of the afternoon, and 4 hours later I do believe it turned out so pretty!





So what does everyone think? :) (hmm this was fun) I think I'll take some more pics of process with the doll I'm working and post that later.

Oh and before I forget......it's Thursday! Tomorrow is Fantastic Friday! Dont forget to go enter on the Baroness' blog (link is to your upper right-->). Drawing is tomorrow morning........YAY! Then it's my turn.......WOOHOO! I love when it's my turn for the giveaway, I have a cool prize for the next one.

All you beauties have a grand and glorious creative day!!!!

3 comments:

Baroness Bijoutery said...

It fantastic honey, but then I told you that yesterday when you sent me a pic of it....My oh so talented "Brat"....

Unknown said...

That is so gorgeous!! Everything you make is stunning. I love it all. I would have to say some of this wonderful talent must have come from your mother, the Baroness, who is also blessed.

Amy said...

I think that is absolutely amazing.